Promoting mental wellness through psychological growth and personal development
Tailored treatments from dedicated clinical psychologists and psychologists in Perth
Do you often experience feelings of stress, anxiety, inadequacy, fatigue or other unhelpful behaviours and mind-sets that affect your mental wellbeing?
Perhaps you work in a high-pressure job that leaves you struggling to unwind at the end of the day and disrupts your sleep at night. There are many factors which contribute to disruptions of our mental wellbeing. Being stuck in unhelpful thought patterns and behaviours can, over time, affect our relationships, careers and even our physical health.
At Ashcliffe Psychology, we go the distance to help you manage your mental wellness and begin to create future with more sustainable and helpful coping strategies.Our fully qualified and highly experienced psychologists and support team in West Perth will work closely alongside you to develop tools for managing your stress and anxiety levels, and coping with past traumas.
Why work with us?
Our psychologists take a client centred eclectic approach using evidence-based interventions.
The initial consultation and assessment helps identify some of the underlying issues impacting your mental health and wellbeing.
Together with your psychologist you will work through the issues with the aim to develop better coping strategies, challenge old unhelpful thought patterns and behaviours and begin to strengthen internal resources which support your mental wellness.
This solution-focused approach aims to establish positive and sustainable change.
Every Ashcliffe client is seen as a unique individual and time is taken to assess each client’s needs. Treatment programs are then customised to meet those needs, guided by an initial interview and assessments. The outcomes sought by our clients are important and information gathered is used to help clients move towards meeting those outcomes.
Our team places high importance on evidence-based treatment that has been found to be successful in achieving positive outcomes for clients. Ashcliffe invests in technology and resources to assist staff in applying best practice strategies in formulation and intervention with client issues.
Strategies for Life
Psychology is not just about treating problems, but also helping clients to develop strategies of self-management and personal growth. We assist clients to gain insight into ways to improve their personal functioning and an awareness of how they can address the issues that confront many of us throughout life.
What presenting problems do our Psychologists work with?
Ashcliffe Psychologists work with a wide variety of presenting problems.
- Depression and Mood disorders
- Anxiety issues
- Post-Trauma disorders
- Sleep disorders and fatigue management
- Addiction and substance Abuse issues
- Conflict and relationship issues
- Workplace stress
- Anger management
What Treatments do our psychologists specialise in?
We have psychologists who have taken a special interest in treatments that include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Client-centred Counselling
- Solution Focussed Behavioural Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy
- Existential Therapy
Frequently Asked Questions - Ashcliffe Psychology Perth
- Psychologists can help individuals with anxiety by providing evidence-based techniques and strategies to manage anxious thoughts and behaviors, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), desensitisation and relaxation techniques.
- They can assist in identifying the underlying causes of anxiety and work towards resolving them through exploration of past experiences, thought patterns, and coping mechanisms.
- Psychologists create a supportive and non-judgmental environment where individuals can openly express their fears and concerns, while receiving guidance and support to develop effective coping mechanisms and improve overall well-being.
- Psychologists can help individuals with depression and other mood problems by providing a compassionate and non-judgmental space to express and explore their emotions, thoughts, and experiences.
- They utilize evidence-based therapeutic techniques such as schema therapy, solution-focused treatments and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help individuals identify and challenge negative thought patterns and behaviors contributing to their mood difficulties.
- Psychologists can assist in developing coping strategies, improving self-esteem, and fostering resilience, empowering individuals to effectively manage their mood, find meaning and purpose in life, and work towards long-term emotional well-being.
- Psychologists can help individuals with post-traumatic stress by providing a safe and supportive environment to process and heal from traumatic experiences.
- They utilize evidence-based therapies such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) or cognitive processing therapy (CPT) to help individuals reprocess traumatic memories, reduce distressing symptoms, and develop effective coping strategies.
- Psychologists can assist in addressing the emotional, cognitive, and behavioral impacts of trauma, empowering individuals to regain a sense of control, resilience, and overall well-being.
- Psychologists can help individuals experiencing conflict at work by facilitating open and constructive communication between parties involved, promoting understanding and resolution.
- They can provide conflict resolution strategies and techniques, helping individuals develop effective communication skills, negotiation strategies, and problem-solving approaches to address workplace conflicts.
- Psychologists also offer guidance in managing emotions and stress related to workplace conflicts, promoting a healthier work environment, and fostering positive relationships among colleagues.
Ashcliffe Psychology is the trading name for Ashcliffe Pty Ltd. Directors are Kerryn Ashford-Hatherly and Michael Tunnecliffe, both of whom are experienced Clinical Psychologists with a background in managing EAP services for both private companies and government agencies.
No, we are WA-based and operate from our office in West Perth. However, upon request, we can provide counselling and webinar training around Australia via Telehealth, Teams or Zoom. This is sometimes requested.